Saturday, October 24, 2015

Entry #1 Dresses Bras and Vegetarian Burgers

Now that I've kind of introduced myself and then sat back and chilled for a week I thought I'd shakily attempt to get into the real meat of what I am trying to do here which is to review plus size fashion and food.

The title of my blog is only misleading in one way.  It is misleading because not everything I eat is fattening.  I plan to review all kinds of food all across the scale of healthiness from downright awful for you to incredibly lean and nutritious.  I had a really interesting vegetarian burger at a restaurant called The Buttonwood Grill located in Peddler's Village.  This village of shops is in Lahaska PA which is a downright beautiful area, especially with the fall foliage.

The burger was made with black beans, quinoa, and feta cheese.  I got it topped with goat cheese which is one of my favorite cheeses.  I'm not going to lie- My mom's medium cheddar burger made me long for beef but at the same time I was really enjoying the medley of flavors and even then texture of my burger.  It was seasoned correctly and they made sure that there was plenty of burger for the big bun.  Since I didn't bring my camera I am not going to babble on about a burger I don't have a nice picture of.  Face/Palm.  I can say that the presentation was delightful down to the pickle son top of the burger secured with a toothpick!

Next I want to express my delight with a purchase I made on Torrid.com.  It's what they call a Bodycon dress and I DO have a picture of me wearing it.  Although the photo is not head to toe you can still get an idea of how it fits and whether or not you would be comfortable wearing it

I bought it as part of my Halloween costume.  I found a cat ear headband on Amazon to match the dress!  The material is surprisingly soft and has a lot of give to it.  I am wearing a size 24 US.  While it is not too tight or uncomfortable you can pretty much forget about bending over and as you walk around it rides up at the bottom.  What I am saying is it's too short for my standards.  I wear it with black spandex bicycle shorts or even long black Leggings.  I love the gold studding detail which makes this a perfect evening dress to wear out clubbing.  

Seeing as how Halloween is right around the corner I thought I would review one more special holiday themed article of clothing.  I went to http://www.halloweencostumes.com/?gclid=CI24if-43MgCFUUXHwodGNsHEw and ordered the iconic Marilyn Monroe dress.  I wore to with one of my favorite Torrid bras which I will go into more detail about shortly.  
Aside from the obvious bra straps showing, this is not a bad dress.  Then again, nobody has perfect upturned boobs that do not require a bra at all.  The bra strap thing could definitely be an issue. I personally don't know of any way to push up the "girls" without a real heavy duty bra with shoulder straps.  This dress is a size 3x from the HalloweenCostume website and they have a multitudinous amount of plus size costumes that come even bigger than size 3x.  
I don't think white is flattering on my tummy.  Marilyn was curvy but she wasn't HEAVY.  Anyways, who gives a hoot?!  Just have fun and be whatever you want to be.  

Here is the link to the bra I am eating under the Marilyn dress.  
http://www.torrid.com/product/smooth-push-up-plunge-bra-f-g-cups/10331644.html#cm_sp=DD-_-Intimates-_-intimates-bras&start=13   I got the lavender one wight he black lace.  I don;t know if color is still available.  In Torrid Bra sizes i'm a 46 C.  I bought it in the store.  I don't see that size online with the red bra in the same style.  It's super-comfortable.  Most of my bras are wire free.  Not this one!  

So with that I conclude my first real blog entry.  
Goodnight!
MEOW


No comments:

Post a Comment